Update on becoming AWS Certified: The original plan was to study for the Solutions Architect exam, but I took a step back and prepared for the Cloud Practitioner exam instead. I passed in Feb. so I’m adding resources I used to pass the CCP. If you’re studying for the Cloud Practitioner exam, check Resources here.
Starting April 1st, I’m studying for the Solutions Architect and want to share what I’m using to prepare for it. Plus, you’ll see how I mapped out my 30-day study plan.
I’ve heard good things about these 2 courses on LinkedIn and Twitter so I jumped on the $9.99 deal from Udemy. (I think they’re having a $12.99 deal now.)
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you make a purchase using one of my links. Thanks for your support!
Ultimate AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2020 (Link to course)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Practice Exams (Link to course)
Study plan for AWS Certified SAA
Now with these courses, I created a study plan in Asana (inspired by Ari Hale’s video here) to keep track of my progress. The good thing about using these 2 courses is that it adds up to 33 days (added a buffer to review notes). So my plan is to do a section and each practice exam from both courses every day. I’ll keep reviewing notes and taking practice exams until it’s test day.
(What worked for me – watch the videos and bookmark important parts, take notes from those bookmarks as a cheat sheet or on index cards. If there are slides, copy and paste notes or highlight. Record yourself reading those notes and then listen to them whenever you can until it’s test day. And don’t forget to do the hands-on training.)
If you plan on using these courses and want to add this to Trello or Asana, here’s a Google Doc with every section listed plus the length. Copy and paste it to your board.
- Schedule your exam, take practice tests
- For the Cloud Practitioner Exam:
- How I passed the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2019 Exam (Blog),
- Ultimate AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (Udemy),
- Practice Exams | AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner CLF-C01 (Udemy),
- How to Pass the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam – What to Study (YouTube),
- AWS ANZ Webinar Series – An Introduction to the Well-Architected Framework (YouTube),
- What I used to pass – 1. Pass the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam – ExamPro (Udemy), 2. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Study Guide, 3. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Practice Tests 2021
- Prepare for Your AWS Certification Exam
- AWS Certification (info about all exams)
- AWS Whitepapers & Guide
- Training and Certification, Exam Readiness video training, more resources to Get Hands-on Training
- YouTube – How To Build A Lab At Home Using AWS Free
- freeCodeCamp – AWS YouTube Videos
- YouTube – Bart Castle
- Warp 9 Training for AWS
- Intro to AWS for Newbies
- Understand AWS VPC – Core Concepts in an Analogy and Guide
- AWS Certification Exams Learning Path
- Read this if you’re interested in taking the Security+ exam
- Join the #AWSCertified challenge if you’re on Twitter. More info about the challenge from freeCodeCamp
- AWS Certified Books – practice exams and guides
- Projects Ideas – Hands-on AWS tutorials, 3 Projects to Get Hands- with Cloud (video), Top 10 Places for AWS Project Ideas, Top 8 Exciting AWS Projects & Ideas For Beginners 
- DevOps + Cloud resources – YouTube playlist, DevOps Engineer Roadmap + Guide
- Google Drive folder around the web – AWS Certs, IT Training